Lymphatic system Lymphatic system is a network of lymph nodes and lymph vessels secreting lymph fluid; fluid that consists of protein, fats, water and wastes. It drains excess tissue fluid, filters waste products, carries fats absorbed from the intestine to blood and produces immune cells to fight infections. Lymphedema Lymphedema is protein-rich fluid retention in the bodily tissues which eventually lead to abnormal swelling and particularly affect the arms and legs.
- Learn about signs and symptoms of Lyme disease, medical complications, treatment and prevention of Lyme disease in this article. Lyme disease is a bacterial infectious disease caused by the spirochetal organism, Borrelia Burgdorferi. It is often acquired from tick bites. They are wood ticks found in deers. Ticks may settle itself anywhere on a human body, preferably on warm, moist, and dark places like armpits and groins. In its initial stages, the disease is characterized by a bull’s eye rash although not all people get the rash.
- Mesothelioma is a form of cancer which develops in the mesothelium; protective layer of thin platelike cells covering over most of the body’s internal organs such as heart, lungs and abdomen. Mesothelioma is almost always caused by prolonged exposure to asbestos particles in the past. The disease doesn’t occur soon after the inhalation of asbestos particles, but they get accumulated in the lungs and form a tumor that later transform into malignant cells (cancer).
- The prostate is part of the male reproductive organ contributing in the semen secretion. It is a cone-shaped glandular organ round the neck of the bladder. It has 5 lobes: anterior, posterior, two laterals and one median lobe. Any injury in the prostate will obstruct urination and ejaculation since part of the urethra (the duct that conveying urine and semen from the bladder) is surrounded by the prostate. Some diseases of prostate gland include: prostatitis: an inflammation of the tissue of the prostate gland because of bacterial infection; benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH): a non cancerous tumor of the prostate which is caused by the enlargement of the prostate gland.
- Hernia is an abnormal protrusion of internal organs through an abnormal opening in the wall of the abdomen. It’s a combination of increased pressure within the body and weakness in the body wall that damages the abdominal wall leading to protrusion through the thin membrane and stomach swelling. The abnormal protrusion of internal organs is mainly portions of intestines or abdominal fatty tissue. It will form a swelling which will increase the size with coughing, lifting weight and while passing stool and urine.
- Liposuction can be done on various body parts, which includes the stomach or abdominal area, hips area, neck, breasts, buttocks, arms, thighs, calves, face, or back. You also have the option of getting liposuction done on more than one area at the same time. Liposuction can be performed on people of all ages, but older patients do not receive the same result, as their skin elasticity is less than a younger person who has tighter skin.
- In this article we will discuss about brain tumors, symptoms, treatment and the connection between brain cancer and face swelling, as well as the reasons for facial swelling in brain cancer patients. Primary brain tumors are tumors that start in the brain. They can be benign or malignant. Benign brain tumors do not contain cancer cells and do not invade the tissue around them while malignant brain tumors contain cancer cells that grow rapidly and can invade nearby tissue.
- One of the many causes of swelling and bumps on face is an abscess tooth. Let’s learn further about swelling in the face and abscess tooth in this article. A tooth abscess or root abscess is a painful infection at the root of a tooth or between the gum and a tooth. This can be caused by untreated cavity or deep decay, cracked teeth or gum diseases. Often the abscess arises from a bacterial infection that has accumulated in the soft, often dead, pulp of the tooth.
- Drug allergic reaction occurs when the immune system mistakenly detects a medication as a harmful substance and secretes histamine causing various allergic signs and symptoms. One of various symptoms that may occur due to drug allergies is face swelling including swelling in face, lips, or tongue. Following are several medications that may cause swollen face allergy. Read also: Swelling in The Face and Abscess Tooth Brain Cancer and Face Swelling Allegra
- Facial swelling is the fluid retention in the tissues of the face which may also involve the neck and upper arms. If the facial edema is mild, it may go undetected. Below are various causes of fluid retention in the face. Allergic reaction Puffy face may be a symptom of an allergic reaction caused by hay fever,spider bites, bee stings or allergic rhinitis, an inflammation of the mucous membrane lining the nose caused by an irritant such as dander, dust or pollen.