Brawny edema is a much more severe form of non-pitting edema and usually present in later stage of non-pitting edema. Brawny edema can affect any part of the body, though mostly occur in the lower extremities. The chronic condition causes the skin to become thick, brown colored, induration, liposclerosis, atrophic and even necrotic. Causes of brawny edema The primary cause of brawny edema is metabolic abnormality which leads to fibrotic changes that occur in the subcutaneous tissue on the outer layer of the skin.
- Lymphatic system Lymphatic system is a network of lymph nodes and lymph vessels secreting lymph fluid; fluid that consists of protein, fats, water and wastes. It drains excess tissue fluid, filters waste products, carries fats absorbed from the intestine to blood and produces immune cells to fight infections. Lymphedema Lymphedema is protein-rich fluid retention in the bodily tissues which eventually lead to abnormal swelling and particularly affect the arms and legs.
- Learn about signs and symptoms of Lyme disease, medical complications, treatment and prevention of Lyme disease in this article. Lyme disease is a bacterial infectious disease caused by the spirochetal organism, Borrelia Burgdorferi. It is often acquired from tick bites. They are wood ticks found in deers. Ticks may settle itself anywhere on a human body, preferably on warm, moist, and dark places like armpits and groins. In its initial stages, the disease is characterized by a bull’s eye rash although not all people get the rash.
- Mesothelioma is a form of cancer which develops in the mesothelium; protective layer of thin platelike cells covering over most of the body’s internal organs such as heart, lungs and abdomen. Mesothelioma is almost always caused by prolonged exposure to asbestos particles in the past. The disease doesn’t occur soon after the inhalation of asbestos particles, but they get accumulated in the lungs and form a tumor that later transform into malignant cells (cancer).
- The prostate is part of the male reproductive organ contributing in the semen secretion. It is a cone-shaped glandular organ round the neck of the bladder. It has 5 lobes: anterior, posterior, two laterals and one median lobe. Any injury in the prostate will obstruct urination and ejaculation since part of the urethra (the duct that conveying urine and semen from the bladder) is surrounded by the prostate. Some diseases of prostate gland include: prostatitis: an inflammation of the tissue of the prostate gland because of bacterial infection; benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH): a non cancerous tumor of the prostate which is caused by the enlargement of the prostate gland.
- Hernia is an abnormal protrusion of internal organs through an abnormal opening in the wall of the abdomen. It’s a combination of increased pressure within the body and weakness in the body wall that damages the abdominal wall leading to protrusion through the thin membrane and stomach swelling. The abnormal protrusion of internal organs is mainly portions of intestines or abdominal fatty tissue. It will form a swelling which will increase the size with coughing, lifting weight and while passing stool and urine.
- Liposuction can be done on various body parts, which includes the stomach or abdominal area, hips area, neck, breasts, buttocks, arms, thighs, calves, face, or back. You also have the option of getting liposuction done on more than one area at the same time. Liposuction can be performed on people of all ages, but older patients do not receive the same result, as their skin elasticity is less than a younger person who has tighter skin.
- Ascites is the abnormal buildup of excess fluid in the abdominal (peritoneal) cavity. Almost 80% of all ascites cases are considered to be caused by cirrhosis of the liver and at least 10% of cases are counted for advanced cancer disease. Ascites caused by cancer is called malignant ascites. It has a high incidence in patients of advanced ovarian, endometrial (the lining of the womb), breast, stomach, colon, lymphoma and pancreatic cancers.
- Ascites is an excess fluid retention or edema within the abdominal or peritoneal cavity, the membrane lining the abdominal organs and the abdomen itself. A combination of low levels of albumin and elevated pressure of hepatic portal vein is the main cause of abdominal fluid retention. These conditions are usually aggravated from certain underlying diseases especially: Congestive heart failure Maglinant diseases for example metastasis of stomach or ovary cancer Liver disorder e.
- The heart is one of the main parts of our circulatory system. Failure of the heart to function properly will obstruct the entire circulatory system. And this may lead to the occurring of water retention. Let’s take a look at the heart and its function as it will help you to better understand how and what are the causes of fluid retention in patients with heart problems and disorders. or